Editor: Preston Grassmann

PS Publishing

UK 2023

Cover-Art: Yoshika Nagata

575 Seiten, Paperback

£16.99

ISBN 978-1-978-1-78636-991-8

Verlagsvorstellung incl. Inhaltsverzeichnis

Das sieht nach einem wirklichen Monster aus und sobald ich wieder in Helsinki bin, werde ich es bestellen. Beitragende sind u. a. Steve Rasnic Tem, Bruce Sterling, Robert Silverberg, Lisa Tuttle, Greg Bear.

Das Cover ist zumindest für meinen Geschmack - und bezogen auf das, was der Verlag sonst so wunderbar kreiert - ziemlich mau und viel zu harmlos, zumal ich mich nicht erinnere, dass Ellison in seinen Fiktionen ein Faible für Kids gehabt hätte. Aber wie dem auch sei, es ist ein must have und anders als das noch must-have-tigere neue Mark Samuels Buch absolut innerhalb meines Budgets.

Der Herausgeber schrieb: I knew all too well how meeting one’s heroes can turn out badly, but I was indefatigable in my youth and I told him my dream of putting together an anthology someday, with a TOC that included some of the very writers in this book. “That’s a pretty nifty list,” he had said. “Do it, kiddo.” As the years passed, the dream had fallen by the wayside, but Harlan never let me forget.

And though I wish Harlan could see it, the dream is finally here—a book full of memories and love—thirty-three international contributors who have joined together to celebrate his life. It’s strong and strange in ways I never expected, full of inspired ideas, anecdotes and stories of Harlan.